Saturday, August 20, 2011

catherine arley 714 + a simple manicure

During the past month, I was trying to grow out my nails as much as possible and it was going pretty well until a few days ago. I had a small accident - I hit my fingers really hard. Being the clumsy person I am, I actually wonder how did my nails survive that long. After the accident, my nails seemed perfectly fine, but a few days ago one of my nails broke in half unexpectedly. I had to cut all of them and now they are as short as they get (you'll see how short I'm talking about on one of the photos in this post) :(
Enough about my 'tragedy'. Today I'll show you one of my favorite blue nail polishes and a simple manicure I did using two nail art stripers.

Catherine Arley 714 is a blue polish with light blue/white flecks. It's opaque in 2 coats and it dries in a couple minutes or so. It's very shiny by itself - you can notice that in the swatch photo. I haven't tried to stamp with it yet, but I don't think that it'll do well.




The color drop is more color accurate than the swatch photo.
I think that it's obvious that this manicure was done before I cut my nails. I made X shaped lines using a black and silver striper nail polish. Also, I added Essence Matt Top Coat on top :) Simple, yet funky!

(click for larger)
Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading this post. I read and appreciate every single comment you write.