Sunday, August 21, 2011

maybelline colorama urban orange

Here in Macedonia, the summer vacations (for students) end in exactly 10 days. I'm actually okay with this, since this is going to be my last year of high school. Because of that, today I'm going to show you a nail polish that was my absolute hit for this summer.

Maybelline Colorama Urban Orange is an orange polish with golden shimmer. It's opaque in 1 coat, but I'd recommend adding another one just to smooth it out. One of the things I love about it is the wide brush. Even though the bottle isn't too big, the brush is still long and wide enough to cover even longer nails in 2-3 strokes. Be sure to use a base coat with it because it's highly pigmented and tends to leave yellow stains on your nails and cuticles.
I was a bit skeptical at first because I've never bought a nail polish by Maybelline and I haven't seen many reviews or swatches as well. In addition, it was kind of pricey for a 7.5ml bottle. But you'll never know unless you try it out, right? I bought it over a month ago and it's already half empty. I fell in love with everything this polish had to offer. One thing's for sure, it was totally worth it. 

Maybelline Colorama Urban Orange - 2 coats (click for larger)

It's definitely a change from all those blue nail polishes I tend to wear during the summer. 

Thanks for reading :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I've not seen that one before anywhere but it's definitely a great orange!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading this post. I read and appreciate every single comment you write.