Friday, August 26, 2011

shimmery neutrals

Today I'm going to show you two cute colors by Color Trend (Avon).

First up is Color Trend Minimalistic Peach (I adore the name). This is a very light peachy orange with a subtle amount of gold shimmer. I'd say that the color is more of an apricot than a peach, but they're quite similar. It's a gorgeous color, but unfortunately it's very sheer. And I'm talking about 'you need more than 4 coats' sheer. This is actually a very common problem among the Color Trend line of polishes, unlike the 'original' Avon polishes which are incredibly pigmented. I usually swatch with only 2 coats, but I used 4 for the photo and the nail line was still visible. 

Color Trend Minimalistic Peach - 4 coats (click for larger)


The second polish for today is Color Trend Café Au Lait. There is a color named Café Au Lait on the list of Wikipedia Colors and it's similar to the polish. I'd say that the color of the polish is a mix between chestnut and café au lait. It has shimmer in it, though I can't really tell it's color. Unlike Minimalistic Peach, Café au Lait is opaque in 2-3 coats.

Color Trend Café Au Lait - 2 coats (click for larger)


Thanks for reading :)


p.s. I haven't been blogging for the past few days because the Internet is going against me. First I couldn't log in my Flickr account where I keep my photos and now Blogger is magically changing the font of my post while I'm writing it!

2 comments:

  1. Great color :)

    http://fashioncareofwoman.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading this post. I read and appreciate every single comment you write.