Monday, August 8, 2011

white nail polishes - do you like them?

Hello everyone :) Today I'm going to show you four white nail polishes I own and two cute manicures that I did. I decided not to write anything special, since they're whites, just their basic characteristics. Even though some of them may seem as plain whites in the bottle, the results you get are quite different.

First up is Gabrini Elegant 302. As most whites are, this is a cr‬è‪me polish. It's opaque in 2 coats and it does so-so with stamping, though you get better results when the images are larger.

Gabrini Elegant 302 - 2 coats (click for larger)

Next is Moda Matte 101. It's a matte white (as you may have guessed by the name). It's opaque in one coat and it dries very quickly. It's very good for stamping. As a matter of fact it's the best white stamping polish I've had so far. Unfortunately, I mixed it with a pink nail polish while trying to recreate Zoya's Lolly and I kind of messed it up :)

Moda Matte 101 - 1 coat (click for larger)
Catherine Arley 37 is a milky white cr‬è‪me. It's not the best white I've seen, but the only one I have right now. It's not good for stamping and you need 2 coats (maybe even more) for full opacity. This swatch is 2 coats and you can still see uncovered parts of the nail.

Catherine Arley 37 - 2 coats (click for larger)
And the last swatch for this post is Aura 226. Unlike the other three polishes, this one is shimmery. I hate it and I still wonder why I bought it in the first place. It's not good for stamping and it's opaque in 2-3 coats.

Aura 226 - 2 coats (click for larger)
As you may notice from reading the short descriptions my hate for white polishes is great. There's no particular reason for this I guess. I only use whites as backgrounds and I occasionally mix them with other colors when they're almost done.
Now let's give them some love for being one of the best background polishes :)

For this manicure I painted my nails with Gabrini Elegant 302 and then I free-handed some flowers using acrylic paints.

(click for larger)
And for this one, I used Catherine Arley 37 as a background. I made the half circles with Golden Rose with Protein 329 (blue) and Avon Sunshine (yellow) and the dots with Catherine Arley 917.

(click for larger)
Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading this post. I read and appreciate every single comment you write.