Friday, September 16, 2011

avon peppermint leaf & some stamping

Hello everyone! What I have for you today is yet another stamping post (I'm planing to write a lot of these). I'm getting good at stamping full images and that fact makes me really happy.

First of all, I'm going to show you Avon Peppermint Leaf, a minty green cr‬è‪me. It's opaque in only one coat, but as always I used two coats for the swatch. Unfortunately I forgot to set the white balance and the photo below turned out a bit colder, but if you look at the color drop (or the photo with the stamping) you can see the true color of this polish. It's good for stamping and dries really fast even though it's not from Avon's Speed Dry + line. I was expecting a brighter color and I don't really like this shade. I'm not saying that the polish itself is bad or anything, it's just that it didn't leave me a good impression.




Right after my lovely stamping plates arrived I began a search for the perfect black stamping polish. This resulted in buying three different blacks in a period of two weeks. I did this because all of the cr‬è‪mes I bought wouldn't stamp good. Some of them weren't opaque enough and others would just smudge and make gaps (see the photo below). And then a miracle happened! Golden Rose put their mattes on the market. From previous experiences I knew that mattes stamp good and I bought a black one right away. All I can say is that it is perfect! I will show you the results soon, but for now you can "enjoy" the smudged (read: abstract) flowers I stamped over Peppermint Leaf.

Base color: Avon Peppermint Leaf
Stamping color: Golden Rose Paris Nail Lacquer 71
Stamping plate: BM-204
(click for larger)
And the last thing for today is one of my frankens which I decided to call Minty (not very creative, I know). Just like I said, I wasn't very satisfied with the color of Peppermint Leaf, so I added a few drops of it in an almost empty bottle of white nail polish. I loved the result, but I don't have it anymore because I spend polishes really quickly :)



Thanks for reading :)

p.s. Sorry for the lack of posts. I'll try to write as many posts as possible this weekend and post them during the next week.

2 comments:

Thank you for reading this post. I read and appreciate every single comment you write.