Tuesday, September 6, 2011

i love stamping!

I couldn't think of a better title for this post. I'm going to show you two stamping manicures I did using my new Bundle Monster plates.
Before I start about the manicures I just want to say that Bundle Monster are an awesome company and they have an excellent customer service. I had a small problem with the plates - I received a duplicate of BM-205, but instead I didn't get BM-221. I wasn't going to bother with this, but I realized that the missing plate was one of my favorites. I contacted them and they were very kind. The missing plate is on its way and they let me keep the duplicate one. How cool is that?

I decided to use the first stamping plate of the set BM-201. I didn't have any nail polish remover left, so I just stamped over the polish I was already wearing and this was only the beginning of my stamping disaster. I had layered a glitter (which is almost invisible) over the blue polish and this made the stamping more difficult. In addition, the polish remover I already have is oil-based and it left some residue on the plates making the stamping process even more difficult. As if this wasn't enough, the residue made them look all scratched and old. Can you imagine destroying your brand new plates on the first use? I almost cried. At first I thought that the polish remover had a chemical reaction with the metal that the plates are made of. I started searching over the Internet for a solution and no one seemed to have a similar problem with the plates. I didn't even think that the oil in the polish remover could be the problem, since I was busy panicking. When I finally calmed down a bit and started thinking straight I noticed that my old stamping plates had the same residue, but because they're already scratched it was barely visible. The next day I bought a bottle of pure acetone, cleaned the plates with it and they got their shine back. I was soooo relieved and happy I had to make another manicure :)

Here's the first one. This was my first full image stamping and I was learning which way is the best. The white polish is the best one I've used for stamping so far. I don't like how this turned out, so I may stamp the same image soon.

Base color: Catherine Arley 714
Stamping color: Golden Rose Paris Nail Lacquer 04
Stamping plate: BM-201
(click for larger)
Here's my second attempt and it's way better than the first one :)

Base color: Avon Twilight Blue
Stamping color: Avon Mirror Shine Silver Foil
Stamping plate: BM-201
(click for larger)

Overall, I'm very satisfied with the stamping plates and I can't wait to do more manicures with them.

Thanks for reading :)

1 comment:

  1. I like it!


    http://fashioncareofwoman.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading this post. I read and appreciate every single comment you write.