Thursday, September 1, 2011

review: fimo nail art canes from born pretty store

Hello everyone :)
Today I'm going to show you my fimo canes that I bought from Born Pretty store. You can get them here.

When I first saw these beauties, I had to have them. There is a whole variety of different designs, mostly fruits and flowers. What I really love about them is that they're very easy to work with. There were only a few canes that I couldn't cut easily, but I tried warming them with my hands and it worked. They bend easily, so you can adjust them according to your nail shape. There was only one thing that I didn't like about them - there were more than one cane from some designs. However, I've seen some posts written by other bloggers that have recently purchased them and I noticed that this was no longer a problem.
The price is more than acceptable. You get 100 canes for $11.76 which is around 500 MKD, so each cane is approximately 5 MKD!
Each cane is around 5 cm (50mm) long, which means that you get around 50-60 pieces of each, once cut. The length that I prefer is around 0.5-1 mm. Be careful - if you cut them too thin they will tear easily and if you use them on top of darker polishes the color will show through. But if you cut them too thick, you won't be able to glue them on properly (also you wouldn't want them to stick out from your nails). I cut them with a scalpel, though there is a special blade that you can buy.
My favorite design so far is the snowflake, though I haven't been able to use it because I bought them last spring :)

You can see all of the designs on the photos below.

(click for larger)
(click for larger)
I decided to cut all of them. It's easier, rather then cutting them before you start doing your nails. I keep them in two plastic pill boxes that I got from a local department store (I'll edit this post later and add the photo of my container).
This is my first review and I think that I did good.

Thanks for reading :)

This review is my personal opinion for this product which I bought myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading this post. I read and appreciate every single comment you write.