Tuesday, October 18, 2011

golden peacock

Hello! :)
I don't know why, but I'm particularly excited to show you this nail polish and the stamping I did on top of it. So, I'm not going to write a long intro for this post and I'll get right into writing about it :)

Golden Rose Paris Nail Lacquer 120 is a beautiful taupe with violet shimmer. When I looked up 'taupe' I found out that there are many different versions of it, so the closest one to this polish is a darker tone of Mauve Taupe (according to Wikipedia Colors). It has a subtle amount of violet shimmer, which is barely visible in the shade. It's opaque in 2 coats.

Golden Rose Paris Nail Lacquer 120 (flash) - 2 coats (click for larger) 
Golden Rose Paris Nail Lacquer 120 (daylight) - 2 coats (click for larger) 

The color drop shows the two 'versions' of this nail polish. I bought this polish almost a year ago and the reason I'm particularly excited about it is because it reminds me of Chanel Paradoxal. I saw tons of swatches of it and I must say that I fell in love with it. Paradoxal was the thing last year, but unfortunately Chanel polishes aren't sold here, and even if they were I doubt that I would be able to afford them. So yeah, just like I said - it reminds me of it. Below, you can see a photo I borrowed from www.alllacqueredup.com, just so that you can see the similarities I'm talking about.

Photo is courtesy of www.alllacqueredup.com .
I figured it'd go well with a nice golden stamped image on top, so here's what it turned out like.

Base color: Golden Rose Paris Nail Lacquer 120
Stamping color: Golden Rose Nail Art 108
Stamping plate: BM - 212
Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading this post. I read and appreciate every single comment you write.