Monday, October 17, 2011

golden rose matte 12 + crushed stone pt.2

Hello everyone :)
Today I'm going to show you a polish that I mostly use for stamping and I never actually thought of swatching it, until today.
Golden Rose Matte 12 is a black semi-matte nail polish. I haven't been able to try the other so called mattes from the new Golden Rose line, but this one seems like something in between matte and shiny. It looks kind of rubbery. It's opaque in only one coat, but as always I used two for the swatch. What I really love about this polish (besides the fact that it's the most awesome black stamping polish I've ever had) is the fact that the consistency is kind of runnier than expected, at least for a matte. It dries fast, though it takes a while longer than the other mattes I've tried. And one last thing - it doesn't chip as much as other mattes do. After figuring out all these stuff about this nail polish I've concluded that it's definitely not a 'pure' matte.

Golden Rose Matte 12 (flash) - 2 coats (click for larger)
Golden Rose Matte 12 (daylight) - 2 coats (click for larger)
And here's a quick stamping manicure I did. I was experimenting a little bit. I tried to stamp with white over black and as expected I didn't quite get the whitest color possible, but instead it kind of mixed with the black and became a light grey making this manicure look like a stone :) Well, it looks more like a crushed stone than the previous one.

Base color: Golden Rose Matte 12
Stamping color: Golden Rose Paris Nail Lacquer 04
Stamping plate: BM-215
Thanks for reading :)

1 comment:

Thank you for reading this post. I read and appreciate every single comment you write.