Sunday, October 9, 2011

happy birthday to me!

Well, today is my birthday and I somehow managed to find some time to write this post :) I turned 18 and other than the fact that I'm not a minor anymore, I don't really feel any different.
Today I'm going to show you another two nail polishes that I bought while I was in Prague.

First up is P2 Being In Heaven. It's a very pale pink cr‬è‪me with a hint of peachy orange. It's a bit streaky and sheer, but I only apply two coats for my swatches (and I was in a hurry, so I couldn't bother). It somehow looked special when I bought it, but after I applied it on my nails it didn't look as unique as I thought. This nail polish is from P2's Last Forever line. For some reason P2 has made two completely different nail polishes from different lines with the same name.




The second nail polish is Essence Circus Confetti. It's a multi-colored, multi-sized hexagonal glitter nail polish. It gives nice coverage with only one coat. I didn't add another coat for the swatch because I didn't want the glitter to be overwhelming (and because glitter is very hard to remove). The first swatch photo was taken with flash and that's the reason why the glitter looks kind of dark, but you can see the gorgeous colors on the second photo.
I ended up wearing this as my birthday manicure. It was kind of like a last minute fix, because I screwed up the original idea while getting ready for the party :)

Essence Circus Confetti (flash) - 1 coat (click for larger)
Essence Circus Confetti (daylight) - 1 coat (click for larger)

And here's how it was supposed to look.

(click for larger)
You can see how I did the cupcake here.

Thanks for reading :)

2 comments:

  1. Awww HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Go out there and glitter the world up :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, wish you all the best :)
    Nice mani :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading this post. I read and appreciate every single comment you write.