Friday, October 21, 2011

random blues & greens

A while ago I separated all of my nail polishes by color because I wanted to see which colors are dominating. The result was quite unexpected - pink was the color of quite a few of the polishes. I'm saying this was unexpected because I'm going crazy after every blue and green I see, yet I somehow managed to get away with a handful of pinks. Today I'm going to show you some old stuff. At first I wanted to reswatch all of the polishes taken with the old camera, but I realised that's a lot of swatching and decided to post them as randoms. Also, I'm in the process of moving my files from my old computer to this one and I haven't managed to finish that yet :)

Let's go with the blues first...

Gabrini Elegant 385 is a blue nail polish with tons of silver shimmer. I can't really determine whether it's a lighter or slightly darker blue, because it keeps changing as a result of the silver shimmer, so let's just call it blue :) It looks kind of frosty. It's opaque in 2 coats.

Gabrini Elegant 385 - 2 coats (click for larger)

Golden Rose Paris Nail Lacquer 121 is an ink blue cr‬è‪me that's opaque in 2 coats. It's absolutely one of my favorites, but unfortunately I don't own it anymore :( It's almost a jelly, but I've noticed that similar colored polishes look like jellies, too.

Golden Rose Paris Nail Lacquer 121 - 2 coats (click for larger)

And the two greens I have for you today...

Golden Rose Paris Nail Lacquer 225 is a gorgeous light sea green nail polish with greenish shimmer. This is one of the polishes that are responsible for my nail polish obsession :) I have spent a lot of it and I'm not sure that I'll find it again (because these numbers keep changing), so I decided not to use it anymore. It's opaque in 2-3 coats.

Golden Rose Paris Nail Lacquer 225 - 2 coats (click for larger)

And now I give you the most horrible nail polish EVER - Golden Rose Paris Nail Lacquer 76. I just hate when nail polishes look so beautiful in the bottle and they turn out to be a piece of s***. It's a very, very sheer light green polish (very similar to the one above) with blue glitter. The reason why I bought it is probably the unique glitter, but I would have never guessed it's so horrible. Even 4 coats aren't enough for full opacity. And it makes your nails look like you've had them wrapped in cucumber peels for days.

Golden Rose Paris Nail Lacquer 76 - 4 coats (click for larger)
Sorry, no color drop for this one. I was wondering whether I should throw it away or something. But I mixed it with some blue and darker green, so it would be more opaque. Swatches of that little experiment are coming soon.

Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading this post. I read and appreciate every single comment you write.