Saturday, December 10, 2011

31 day challenge: day twenty-two - inspired by a song

Hello dear readers :)
Today I'll show you my manicure that I did for the 22nd challenge which is inspired by A SONG. I knew which song I'd pick even in the beginning of the 31 day challenge.


"What else is there?" is the reason I fell in love with Röyksopp's music. In case you don't know, they're a Norwegian electronic duo and they're absolutely brilliant. I'm not a person that has only one favorite song, but "What else is there?" has been on the top of my favorite songs chart for a long, long time.

Before I show you the photos, I'm just going to say that I'm not going to list the polishes I used, because I used a bunch of blacks, blues and greys that I forgot to write down :)

First, here's the completed look - first photo is taken with flash and the second on daylight. Click to see them larger.



The next 5 photos are close-ups of each finger, top to bottom starting with the thumb and so on.

For the thumb I used a black base. Then, on top of the black I used white and grey acrylics to write RYXP which is short for Röyksopp. I sponged around the letters using a light grey polish.


I painted the index finger according to the forest scene from the video, which looks like this:


I used a greyish blue base, sponged some dark grey on top and painted a big black tree. Then, I stamped some branches with leaves using one of the Bundle Monster plates.


The inspiration for the middle finger was the apple which appears somewhere in the middle of the video.


I used a black base and painted the apple using acrylic colors. The strings look more like worms, but I this was as thin as I could paint them :D


The design on my ring finger was inspired by one of the scenes where a big house is floating in the air :)


I made a gradient using dark and light blue. Then, I painted the house using different tones of grey.


And I don't have an inspiration photo for the pinky, but it was inspired by the girl's bright blue eyes.


Phew! That was a long one. It took me a total of 40 minutes to finish one hand.

Next up is inspired by A MOVIE.

Thanks for reading :)

1 comment:

  1. I love Royksopp a lot! great song for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading this post. I read and appreciate every single comment you write.