Monday, March 5, 2012

31 day challenge: day twenty-nine - inspired by the supernatural

BEWARE DOCTOR WHO FANS! This one is for all of you fellow Whovians :)

Today's theme is inspired by THE SUPERNATURAL. My favorite and most anticipated challenge of all. You've probably guessed why. This was my first Doctor Who inspired manicure and I must say I'm proud of myself. This is one of my best works so far :)


It took me a total of 1h and 45 minutes to get this finished (for one hand only)!


Let me explain each nail, I'll try to explain it as good as possible, for the ones that don't watch DW. So, the thumb is supposed to be the TARDIS (basically, The Doctor's time machine). The index is inspired by the build of the Daleks. The middle one is, of course, the logo of the show. I actually spent most time on this nail, trying to make it perfect :) On the ring finger I painted the time vortex. And finally, the pinky is supposed to be a writing in Gallifreyan (on the show the Gallifreyan language is shown as different combinations of circle symbols).

And that's it. I'm really in love with this manicure. Thanks for reading and stay tuned for the next challenge!

3 comments:

  1. I have really enjoyed looking through your 31 day challenge. Although I also started 7 months ago, I am just barely hitting Day 8! I found your blog while I was looking for inspiration, so don't be surprised if I steal a look or two! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it :)
      As for the inspiration, be my guest! :D

      Delete
  2. Can you do a tutorial on your nails I really want to do the whole normal paint on fingers then one fancy one, and switch it up

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading this post. I read and appreciate every single comment you write.