Saturday, April 14, 2012

spring challenge #1 - love and life

Hello everyone!
Today I'm going to post the first manicure for this spring challenge. The theme was "Love and life" - quite an abstract theme, if you ask me. I had a few color combinations to choose from and for today's theme I chose blue and purple.

 My main goal for today's theme was to make the manicure look somewhat magical. I made a gradient using Gabrini Elegant 352, a sky blue creme, and Avon Loving Lavender, a muted lavender creme. Then using plate BM02 and a black nail polish I stamped a heart design on my ring finger. After that, using the same black polish and plate BM04 I stamped a swirly dotted design on my thumb. If you look closely, you'll probably notice that I have stamped a design on my middle finger as well, but it didn't turn out as expected and I had no time to make corrections.


Finally, I finished it all of with a coat of Miss Selene 165, a pink holographic glitter.


I'm not really satisfied with the end result, though I've had bigger failures when it comes to nail art :)
Thanks for reading and see you next time :)

8 comments:

  1. Wow that's very pretty! I like the design on the middle finger a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the gradient look and stamping too. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I appreciate it a lot :D

      Delete
  3. It look very pretty =). I love how you did the gradient =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the subtle stamp on your middle finger. I was thinking it was like a tree of life when I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that was the idea, but it didn't really turn out as I expected :)

      Delete

Thank you for reading this post. I read and appreciate every single comment you write.