Sunday, July 29, 2012

care for some mojito?

Hello everyone! :)
These summer days are getting more and more unbearable by the minute, but I know just the cure for it (and I know that most of you will agree with me on this one).
A refreshing glass of mojito!
But, since I can't give myself the pleasure of drinking some mojito right now, I figured I should do some mojito-inspired nail art instead.


This is something you don't see every day here on I Love Pretty Colours. As some of you may know, I'm not a big fan of french manicure, but this one turned out quite nice :)


Here's what I did in order to achieve this look. First off I made a french tip on every nail but the ring finger. I used a drop of a very pale mint green and a drop of a pearl green shade and I mixed them using a dotting tool in order to create a uniform color. After that dried I applied a shimmery top coat over the green tips on the index and middle finger and some hexagonal iridescent glitters on the pinky. Then, I added a drop of white, mint green and dark green on the ring finger and while they were still wet I did a dry marble using a dotting tool. I finished the whole look with some top coat and lastly I added two pieces of lime on my index and middle finger.

I don't know how I managed to write so much text about it, but it is a very easy look to achieve :)
Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Very cool look. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In honor of this delicious mani I'm going to go pick some limes off the trees and make mojitos -- good thinkin' lady! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading this post. I read and appreciate every single comment you write.