Thursday, July 19, 2012

news & some things i just had to say...

Hey guys!
Today I'm going to write about some things that have been bugging me for a while...
 It's almost the 1st birthday of my blog and I'm very happy that I managed to get through many other stuff and keep on blogging. I'm doing this out of fun and I'm going to keep doing it for as long as possible.

There are a couple of news:
1. I changed the background and header of the blog. It was time for a change :)
2. There might be a giveaway soon ;)
3. I'm going to start adding watermarks to my photos. Why? Read on and you'll find out.
 

Not so long ago, I stumbled upon a photo of my nail art on Tumblr. It had more than 15,000 notes (meaning it has been reblogged 15,000 times). It was quite the shock for me, as I didn't know that some of my nail art was that popular. But, the thing that was wrong is that it wasn't linked to my blog and as if things couldn't get any worse, there were a couple of different girls claiming that it was THEIR nail art. I got so pissed off!
I decided to Google some of my photos and found out that many of them were on Tumblr, Pinterest, Weheartit and other similar sites and of course there was no credit whatsoever!
I know that the "damage" is irreversible now. I decided to add a watermark of my blog on every photo that I'm going to post from now on. And I'm even planning to put it in the middle of the photo, where it can't possibly be cropped. 
I know that many of you fellow bloggers are a "victim" of photo stealing and it's just not right. We are the ones that do all the hard work, while others shamelessly claim the photos as theirs!
I encourage every blogger to watermark their photos in order to protect them!!!

That's all I had to say.

4 comments:

  1. Wow that is terrible! I think I want to start watermarking my pictures soon. How are you planning on doing that? It would be nice to see how you do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll simply write out the URL of my blog in the middle of the photo where no one can crop it. You'll be able to see how it looks in tomorrow's post.

      Delete
  2. I think you decided right, I support watermarks on photos. And I like your new backround.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes yes yes, watermark!!! There was a dust-up this week where this girl kept reposting nail art images on her Tumblr and adding a link to her site -- and was getting a lot of views. Luckily most of the images she was reposting had watermarks on them (she didn't bother with editing to remove those that she could have) so at least people that saw the images could know where it *actually* came from. Support claiming your images 100%!

    And happy (almost) anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading this post. I read and appreciate every single comment you write.