Sunday, July 8, 2012

summer challenge #1 - sunflowers

Hello everyone!
Today is the first day of the Summer Challenge that I'm participating in. The first theme is sunflowers.


My main goal was to create something simple (as always). So, I just painted my nails white and grabbed my acrylic paints. I was aiming for a painting-like look. I painted a single sunflower on my ring finger and wasn't sure what to do with the other nails. I took my blue acrylic paint and made it really thin using some water. I painted blue grid on the other nails making them look like picnic tablecloths.



Here are the upcoming themes:
1. Sunflowers - 8th July 2012
2. Sunset - 12th July 2012
3. Island - 16th July 2012 
4. Travel - 20th July 2012

The following two themes will be scheduled posts, as I will be away from 11th to 16th July. 
I hope they show up :) 

Other participants:

Thanks for reading and stay tuned for the rest of the challenge!

5 comments:

  1. I love this manicure :)
    I also add my sunflowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. Really classic and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so summery and lovely, and your sunflower's great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty...i like the accented version of the mani..:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading this post. I read and appreciate every single comment you write.