Wednesday, July 4, 2012

winter is coming?

Yes, I am aware that it's the middle of summer. And yes, I had to write that exact title because today I'm showing you a Game of Thrones manicure!
Game of Thrones is an epic fantasy TV show that's based on a series of books called "A Song of Ice and Fire" by George R.R. Martin. I absolutely love both the books and the TV show and, of course, I had to make a related manicure. The thing is, I made this set of false nails waaay back even before Season 2 of the show ended (and that was exactly a month ago), but I totally forgot about it.

I chose House of Stark, since they're my favorite characters. I recreated their house sigil and here's how that all turned out :)


I chose a light grey creme as a base and using a small sponge and a darker grey shade I added random spots. Then, using some acrylic paints and a bit more patience I painted the direwolf on my thumb. Here's a close up.


And the rest of the nails.


Here's the photo I based this manicure on, so that you can see whether I did a good job or not :)


Do you like Game of Thrones? Tell me if you'd like to see other manicures related to this show :)

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I love this manicure! And I love the show. At the moment I'm reding fourth book. Can't wait for season 3 to start.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading this post. I read and appreciate every single comment you write.