Saturday, September 8, 2012

day eight: metallic

Hey everyone!
It's day 8 of the 31 day challenge and today's theme is METALLIC nails.
I got tons of metallic nail polishes because I simply adore them and I can wear them anytime of the year.
Not so long ago my go-to silver stamping polish, Avon Silver Foil, got empty. It truly was a sad day, as it has been discontinued for a long, long time. Naturally, I went on a replacement polish searching adventure and found one by Flormar that's not a perfect dupe, but does the trick at stamping. More about the polish itself below today's manicure :)


Yes, yet another accented ring finger. It's kind of my thing for 2012 :)
Okay, so I painted all of my nails with Flormar 112, leaving the ring finger blank. I took a white and a mint shade and I started doing the so called 'fishtail' design.
I can't begin to describe how well these three colors go together! I kind of messed it up at the tip of my nail, but that is because I was so impatient!
Learn from my mistake & wait for the coats to dry :)

As for the polish... Flormar 112 is a silver foil, opaque in one single coat, but as always - 2 for the photo. It does a great job at stamping, so if you're in need of a silver stamping polish and Flormar is available in your country I give you two thumbs up! As I mentioned in the intro of this post, it is very similar to Avon Silver Foil, but it's kind of streaky. Nothing scary, though. The streaks are barely visible. I think that I'm going to be using this one a lot in the following manicures :)



Thanks for reading & stay tuned for tomorrow's manicure! :)

1 comment:

Thank you for reading this post. I read and appreciate every single comment you write.