Tuesday, September 4, 2012

day four: green

Hello everyone!
Today is a very special day. Wanna know why? Because it's my first ever participation in the Polish Days event! I decided to put it all in the same post and go along with the fourth theme of the challenge which is GREEN nails. On the other hand, the theme of Polish Days is GEOMETRY.
Ever since I got the e-mail about the theme of Polish Days I knew that I was going to try and make my own triangle decals. I've been whining about triangle shaped glitter ever since I started this polish craze of mine, but I haven't had much luck in finding anything like it.


Here's what I did. First, I made a rectangle of black polish on a plastic bag and left it overnight to dry.
Note: Because I used a matte black polish, it dried very fast and leaving it overnight was wrong because it made it very fragile and hard to work with. After the rectangle was dry, I cut up little triangles using my smallest pair of scissors. When the triangles were done I proceeded to the actual manicure.
I painted my nails with Essence Lime Up!. While the polish was still wet, I applied the triangles on each of my nails. After I made sure they were stuck properly, I added in some white dots to fill in the space. Don't forget to finish with a top coat when using this technique!


If you ever try to make your own decals, just make sure that you get them ready first and then paint your nails, because it can get messy.


Thanks for reading & stay tuned for tomorrow's challenge!

8 comments:

  1. Very cute! And that's a great idea for the triangles, I'll have to try that sometime! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how this looks, and I think there should be triangle glitter too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this! Your thumbnail icon in the InLinkz collection really stood out to me...great color contrast and your decals look great! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute. I love the green with the black

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute design! That's neat that you made your own decals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This truly is SUCH a cute mani!! I love the lime green and the cute little triangles!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. PARABENS PELO BLOG! ADOREI SUAS NAIL ART! JÁ ESTOU TE SEGUINDO... SE PUDER RETRIBUIR, FICAREI MUITO GRATA!

    www.lupapodemulher.com.br
    www.lupapodeblog.com.br

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading this post. I read and appreciate every single comment you write.