Monday, September 3, 2012

day three: yellow

Hello everyone!

Today's theme of the 31 day challenge is YELLOW
I wanted to do something cute and simple and I chose dots :) I mean, is there anything cuter than dots?
I didn't want to wear only yellow, so I added in some pink as well.


For the index and pinky I used Maybelline Urban Lemon (scroll down for swatches) and for the rest of the nails I used Essence Flamingo Rose. 
I used the same polishes to do the dots, as well.


I wasn't sure whether I wanted classic polka dots, or just random dots. I ended up with random :)

Maybelline Urban Lemon is a very bright yellow (photo below is more color accurate than the others). It has a jelly-like finish, but I'd still list it as a creme. It's more or less opaque in 2 coats, but it's very likely that you're going to experience some streaking or a visible nail line. It's quite hard to work with, but I suppose that 3 coats would do more than just fine. I like how this goes with my tan. It doesn't make my skin look weird at all.



Thanks for reading & stay tuned for tomorrow's challenge!

1 comment:

Thank you for reading this post. I read and appreciate every single comment you write.