Tuesday, September 25, 2012

day twenty-four: inspired by a book

Hey everyone!
Yesterday was the 24th day of the challenge and the theme was INSPIRED BY A BOOK, but I couldn't post because I was in class all day. I'll post today's manicure right after this one, just so you know.

Initially, I wanted to go with George Martin's book series called "A Song of Ice and Fire", but it was more complicated and I had no time to do it. Instead I went with a very simple manicure inspired by the cover of George Orwell's "1984". I must admit that I haven't read this book, yet. I started reading it and got halfway through, but I was pretty busy, so I didn't finish it. But, I will as soon as possible.


You know how books can have many covers, but I went with the simplest, which was the British first edition cover. It looks like this.


What I did was the following. I painted all of my nails with a dark green polish. While that was drying, I made a 50-50 mix of green and white acrylic paint and painted the numbers. Lastly, I added top coat to smooth out the acrylic paints.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading this post. I read and appreciate every single comment you write.