Thursday, September 27, 2012

day twenty-seven: inspired by artwork

Hello everyone!
Today is the 27th day of the challenge and the theme is INSPIRED BY ARTWORK.
There are a lot of paintings that I had in mind for this challenge, but one of them has a special place in my heart - Starry Night by Van Gogh.

I know that it's nowhere near the actual painting, but it was really fun to do :)


I made a mistake when I started. I should have painted a lighter blue as a base, but I painted the nails with a dark navy blue and the acrylic paint simply faded away later on. I had to use a lot of coats to get it to show.


I did it on fake nails (obviously). Even though it's not too much alike the painting, I like how it turned out. After all, it's inspired by an artwork.

Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

Thank you for reading this post. I read and appreciate every single comment you write.