Wednesday, November 21, 2012

a few shades of grey

Hey everyone!
Today I'm going to show you three beautiful grey polishes. In my opinion, it's always better to combine swatches, but lately I've been swatching random colors, so I can't really make a grouped post. And yes, I do know that the title isn't the most creative of them all :)

Anyway I decided to start from the lightest shade of grey, which is Essence Grey-t To Be Here. This is another one of the improved Colour & Go line and it's a very pale grey with tons of pink shimmer. Personally, I adore the pink and grey combo. It doesn't really show on the nail as much as in the bottle, but under incandescent light it's insanely beautiful. 2 coats for the swatch.



The second polish for today is Kleancolor Concrete Grey, a beautiful dark grey creme. I bought it mainly because my favorite dark grey - Essence Movie Star, unfortunately, reached the bottom and I couldn't find it anywhere in the stores, so I figured Essence has discontinued it. I suppose that it's not an 100% dupe, but it'll do the job :) The great thing about this polish is that it's a one-coater!



And the last polish is Kleancolor Charcoal, a beautiful almost black, gunmetal polish. Also opaque in 1 coat. I had a bit of a hard time applying it, as it can get quite streaky. This polish stains. A lot! So don't forget to use a base coat because no acetone will remove the damage :)



I don't think that I could pick out a favorite, because I'm a sucker for dark polishes, especially grey ones.
Which one is your favorite?

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading this post. I read and appreciate every single comment you write.