Tuesday, January 8, 2013

polish days: something new

Hey everyone!
It's time for January's another Polish Days. I missed a couple of months, but hopefully I'll be able to do all of them from now on.



The theme is about trying something new, something I haven't done before. There were plenty of things to choose from as I didn't experiment a lot in the past year while there were tons of different trends that came up. In the end I chose to do "velvet nails", because I had ordered a bunch of flocking powder that arrived just in time for Polish Days.


I decided to do the thumb and ring finger only, as I didn't want to overdo the nails.
I wasn't so sure about it, but now that I tried it, I fell in love with this look.


Here's a close up for you :) As for the durability, it didn't last long. I washed my hands more than a few times during the day and plenty of the powder fell off. The feeling isn't weird at all, I barely felt it on my nails.


Thanks for reading! :)

5 comments:

  1. Lovely flocking - did you just want to stroke it all day? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a matter of fact I did :) It was really hard to not touch them and that's probably one of the reasons the powder fell of too fast :D

      Delete
  2. I so love the color for I love purples. I also love the design for it looks elegant and classy. Great job on this one! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is the purple polish you used? It's very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading this post. I read and appreciate every single comment you write.