Monday, February 18, 2013

avon perfect kiss lipsticks: swatches & review

Hey everyone!
Not so long ago I got a bunch of samples from Avon, including 23 of the 24 shades of their new lipstick line (the one was out of stock, unfortunately). Anyway, I decided to do a swatches & review post while my nails are still growing and recovering :)
This is my first lipstick post ever, since I don't really post about anything, but nails, so bear with me if the photos aren't too good.


1. Fuchsia Flirt: A lovely fuchsia shade with loads of pink shimmer, which is almost glitter sized. Medium opacity.
2. Pink Wink: Bright pink shade with a matte finish. I couldn't capture the true brightness, but it's pretty close to the photo. Very opaque lipstick, one of my favorites in the line.
3. Kiss Me Pink: Medium pink shade with subtle white shimmer. It's pretty sheer when compared to other lipsticks from the collection.
4. Pink Prance: Light pink with a pearly finish. I don't like pearly lipsticks, as well. Very sheer.

L-R: Fuchsia Flirt, Pink Wink, Kiss Me Pink, Pink Prance.
Photo taken with flash.

5. Deep Orchid: Very dark, plum shade with a hint of red. Looks more purple IRL. Very opaque and has subtle shimmer.
6. Plum Intrigue: A plum shade with a matte finish (even though it doesn't look that way in the photo). The opacity is something in between sheer and medium.
7. Loving Lilac: Medium lilac shade with a matte finish. Good opacity.
8. Berry Smooch: Medium berry shade with plenty of white shimmer. Sheer.

L-R: Deep Orchid, Plum Intrigue, Loving Lilac, Berry Smooch.
Photo taken with flash.

9. Mauve Allure: Light mauve shade with a matte finish. Nice opacity. I've been wearing this one like crazy, definitely one of my favorites.
10. Pucker Up Pink: Vintage pink shade with a shimmery finish. Good opacity.
11. Lacy Mauve: Darker vintage pink with a matte finish. Also one of my favorites. Great opacity.
12. Lovey Dovey Pink: Light dusty pink with white shimmer. Very sheer.

L-R: Mauve Allure, Pucker Up Pink, Lacy Mauve, Lovey Dovey Pink
Photo taken with flash.

13. Red Embrace: Red shade with a hint of orange. Matte finish. Very opaque.
14. Smitten Red: Medium red shade with a matte finish. Very opaque.
15. Make Out Red: Red shade with a hint of pink. Matte finish. Very opaque.
16. Racy Red: Blood red shade with a matte finish. Excellent opacity.

L-R: Red Embrace, Smitten Red, Make Out Red, Racy Red
Photo taken with flash.

17. Coy Copper: Brownish red shade with copper shimmer. Good opacity.
18. Coral Connection: Darker coral shade with a matte finish. Great opacity.
19. Caressing Coral: Bright matte coral shade. Medium opacity. One of my favorites.
20. Peach Peck: A shimmery peach shade, sheer.

L-R: Coy Copper, Coral Connection, Caressing Coral, Peach Peck
Photo taken with flash.

21. Undressed Brown: Medium brown with a matte finish. Good opacity.
22. Chic Nude: Nude-ish shade, has a hint of dark pink. Matte finish, medium opacity.
23. Natural Glow: Shimmery pink with gold sheen. Very sheer.
24. My natural lips, for comparison.

L-R: Undressed Brown, Chic Nude, Natural Glow
Photo taken with flash.
The Perfect Kiss lipsticks are nice quality, not the best ones I've used, but are pretty good for the price. I haven't done a proper wear test, but the one shade I did wear didn't stay on for too long. The quality of the lipsticks isn't consistent throughout the whole line - some of the lipsticks have pretty bad opacity and texture and my cause dry lips. Even though there is a wide variety of shades, there are only a few that live up to my expectations.

Thanks for reading :)

The products were purchased by me and this review is based on my own opinions.
I'm not affiliated with the company and they are not paying me to do this review.

14 comments:

  1. Very good review! Thanks! It has helped me a lot choosing what colors to get from this line ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for all these swatches and descriptions! With Avon's weird computer-made shade range depictions I would have chosen completely wrong colours! Greetings from Germany =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. The photos in the brochures show completely different colors!

      Delete
  3. Quale tra questi colori si avvicina al plum gorgerous?

    ReplyDelete
  4. show me deep and berry lipstick?I have to see which one is more purple .. beautiful photos .. thanks .. it is urgent ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. tanks for the review

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks - great swatches, it was really helpful to see them on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to find a thorough swatch of shades, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really helpful, great to see what they look like on :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm loving the Kiss me Pink. Thanks for the full on test of the colors!
    youravon.com/natalulu

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your swatch review of all the lipstick colors was very helpful. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. конечно некој да ги покаже вистинските бои :)


    http://juicyssecretworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blogged saved me from ordering the wrong color! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading this post. I read and appreciate every single comment you write.