Thursday, March 28, 2013

empties no.1

Hey everyone!
Since I rarely empty out entire bottles of nail polishes, I decided to add another series to my blog called "Empties". You've probably seen it on other blogs as well.
It's basically posts with different products that I've emptied out and my short review about that product, whether I would repurchase it or not etc.
I finally managed to collect 5 empty products (because I normally throw them out as soon as I'm done with them.
Before I begin, I just want to mention that most of these products are from Avon, not because I'm affiliated with the company, but because I used to do one of those impulsive catalogue shopping sprees where I'd just buy everything that looked good.

Conditioning Hair Mask with Mediterranean Olive Oil by Planet Spa (Avon)



This is one of my all time favorite conditioners. It makes my hair silky smooth and the smell is really refreshing. The only thing that I consider a downside is the packaging, but this packaging came from a set of four Planet Spa products and all of them were put into little tubes. The original packaging comes in a very convenient jars and you can get all of the product out of it easily. Another thing worth mentioning is that I recently dyed my hair and the results with this conditioner were the same, so don't hesitate to try it.
Repurchase? Absolutely!

Conditioning Eye Makeup Remover by Avon


If I started to rant about this product, I'd have to write a 10 page essay, so I'll get to the point. It's a very greasy lotion that made my skin feel weird, even a bit itchy. I don't know if this product was ophthalmologically tested, but it made my eyes sting and hurt like hell! And no, I wasn't pouring the product in my eyes. Why would someone even call this eye makeup remover if it makes your eyes burn? I didn't throw it out because it was removing my foundation easily, so I'll give it some points for that.
Repurchase? Never again.

Refreshing Body Spray with Strawberry and Guava by Avon


These body sprays are really refreshing. I love the fact that they aren't greasy, since they have a water-like consistency. One of the things I love about them is that they get absorbed pretty quickly. They are one of my go-to products for summer and they come in a variety of different scents. I picked this one up because I love the smell of strawberries, but unfortunately I was very disappointed. Personally, I couldn't even smell the strawberry because the guava scent was so strong. After I bought this product I also found out that I hate guava smell since it's kind of sour.
Repurchase? Yes, but most likely a different scent.

Calming Effects Foundation in Nude by Avon


I've been using this foundation for years and I finally decided to change it because either Avon started making it greasier or my skin changed. The coverage is okay, since it is a lighter foundation. It doesn't do a great job with covering redness/dark circles under your eyes, but I don't have such problems. The shade Nude was one shade lighter than my skin tone. Overall, I would recommend this foundation to girls who don't like wearing too much foundation.
Repurchase? No, because the formula seems a bit changed.

Natural Shower Gel with Cinnamon by Be Cool Cosmetics


This was a nice shower gel. Not the best one I've used, but still it didn't make the skin dry. I believe the brand is Macedonian, but I'm not sure. Anyway, the smell was not to harsh, as some cinnamon scented items may be, but it didn't really smell like cinnamon. It had a bitter hint in it, but it's still not the worst thing that I've used.
Repurchase? Maybe in a different scent.

Thanks for reading! :)

2 comments:

  1. I have been using this foundation as well (also Nude) for quite some time. Now I am swapping to mattifying one also from Avon. Maybe You would like it too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom got it a couple of weeks ago and I tried it. I like it a lot and I'm going to use it as soon as I finish the one by Essence that I'm using right now :)

      Delete

Thank you for reading this post. I read and appreciate every single comment you write.