Wednesday, May 1, 2013

this spring i'll be wearing... part 2!

Hey everyone!
I didn't expect to get so many new spring polishes in a short time. One of these was a gift, while the other two I bought myself. However, they are something that I see myself wearing a lot these couple of months.

Let's begin with Manhattan 21G. First of all, I didn't expect to see numbers instead of names, since Manhattan is a pretty large company, but since that's not the point of this post, I'll now continue to the actual interesting part. This one is a lovely pastel yellow shade, the kind everyone of us nail bloggers has, but no one really wears it because it's such a pain in the ass to apply. It's opaque in 2 coats and has a satisfying formula. I actually saw two other brands that carry the same shade, but I assumed that Manhattan has better quality, so I grabbed this one. This being my first Manhattan polish, I was pretty disappointed. The brush was horrible and the bottle neck is so narrow, the brush barely goes through it. I really hate it when brands have such great formula, but so many bottle design flaws.



The next polish I bought is Aura Spring Ball. It's a salmon pink creme from their new spring collection which has beautiful pastel shades. I actually bought this one because it goes perfectly good with Manhattan 21G, but it turned out to be really good by itself. It's more than opaque in 2 coats and has a nice wide brush. The only downside is probably the 6ml bottle it comes in. I wish it was larger so I wouldn't spend it too fast :)



The last polish for today is Aura Fight Your Way Back. It's a very lovely shimmery red with a hint of pink. It applies very smoothly, it doesn't stain your nails and it's very shiny on its own. I couldn't have asked for more. Opaque in 1 to 2 coats and dries pretty fast.



Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Thank you for reading this post. I read and appreciate every single comment you write.