Wednesday, July 31, 2013

empties no.4

Hey everyone!
It's that time again! I managed to empty out 5 more products and I'm going to write a short review about each of them, just like I did with the others of this series.

Citrus Mint Fortifying Shampoo by Garnier


I've used a lot of Garnier hair products in the past and most of them were pretty good for the price. This one, however, was a real disappointment. It's says on the label "Normal Hair, Prone To Grease Easily", but let me tell you this shampoo was the thing that made my hair grease. It doesn't make too much of a foam. The smell was also a bit weird. When you smell it in the bottle, it smells nice and fresh. But when you wash your hair with it, it gets this harsh smell, I can almost call it foul and it gets worse the next day. Thankfully, that was then the smell usually faded away.
Repurchase? No.

Gliss Hair Repair w/ Liquid Keratin Complex by Schwarzkopf


This product, on the other hand, is an absolute life savior of mine. My hair is something in between wavy and curly, more towards the curly side though. Therefore, it can be a real pain in the butt to comb it through. This product has two parts in the bottle - one oil like and one foam like (sorry for the poor description). You shake it up a bit and spray it all over your hair. I love it because it instantly makes the hair easy to untangle, without making it grease in a day or so. Another lovely thing about it is the smell. It's pretty amazing without being too strong and overwhelming, but strong enough to cover up bad smells that can be accumulated in the hair (like that Garnier shampoo I mentioned earlier).
Repurchase? Yes, I already did.

Raspberry & Blackberry Body Scrub by I love... Cosmetics


I kind of have a love/hate opinion towards this product. So, let's start with the scent. I don't normally buy berry scented products, just because I don't really like them, but unfortunately I wanted to try this scrub and this is the only body scrub scent that they had. I expected a sweeter scent, but it had a really sour note, pretty weird actually. It doesn't really stay too long on the skin, so it wasn't too terrible. Another con is the fact that there are way too little particles that are supposed to scrub off the dead skin layer. So, it didn't do much scrubbing, but it makes the skin feel really hydrated. As you can see from the photo, I didn't use up all of the product, because I just couldn't squeeze out everything. They really need to make the tubes softer.
Repurchase? I don't think so. I'd probably want to try other scents, but only if they have more scrubbing particles.

Japanese Sake & Rice Smoothing Mask by Planet Spa (Avon)


This one is an all time favorite of mine. It's a peel off mask that makes your skin really smooth and soft. What I really love about this mask is that it's color is white and after it dries (which normally takes around 20 minutes, more or less depending on the thickness) you can easily remove everything because you can actually see it. I had a really bad experience with another peel off mask by Planet Spa which was clear and it had iridescent particles in it, so the only way you could actually see it is under very bright light, which I don't have in my bathroom. This is why I appreciate colored masks :) Also, it lasts really long. I've been using it for months.
Repurchase? Yes, as soon as I have the opportunity.

Supershock Mascara by Avon


I love, love, love this mascara.  I feel pretty lucky about being born with long, thick and naturally curled lashes. I mean they don't look like mascara lashes, but many girls have given me compliments about my lashes without mascara. My problem with mascaras is the fact that most of them are made for girls that don't have very thick lashes, therefore they don't have a lot of bristles. Because they don't have many bristles, my lashes get stuck together and suddenly I get the weirdest spider lashes ever. I've even tried mascaras like the ones by Maybelline that many people swear by, but I only get the same result.
So, Supershock's brush is absolutely awesome. I manage to comb out almost every single lash and it makes my lashes look really pretty. It's not a heavy mascara and thankfully, it doesn't make my sensitive eyes all red and in pain.
Repurchase? Yes.

So, that's it. I really hope I didn't blabber too much, but it seems like I did write a pretty long post.
I have a nice surprise for you all. I will post today on midnight and I hope as many of you get the chance too read that post.

Thanks for reading :)

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree with You with few things. This Garnier shampoo sucks big time and the Supershock rocks! But I didn't like that Avon mask.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading this post. I read and appreciate every single comment you write.