Tuesday, September 10, 2013

aura hip hop & ixxx away all my money

Hey everyone!
Today I'm going to show you the swatches of these two Aura nail polishes that I got a while ago. There's a make up store here that had a 2 for the price of 1 sale on Aura polishes, but the downside is that they are matched in advance (and some of the polishes you get can be old and separated).

Aura Hip Hop is a purple polish with tons of turquoise specks that give the polish a bit of a duochrome effect. It's a pretty sheer polish, with 2 coats there is a visible nail line, but I suppose that it'd look awesome when layered on top of a deep purple color. The only reason why I got this duo of polishes was Hip Hop. It's become one of my top 10 polishes for this year. There was a darker version of this polish that I'm trying to find. I'm not sure what's it called, but it was in another duo that had a pretty useless grey polish (it was so old that you could see all of the colors separated in a couple of layers).



Aura Ixxx Away All My Money is a caramel colored polish. It's just a plain, creme shade. I think it's pretty "meh" compared to Hip Hop. It has a nice and creamy formula, which I love, but I don't see myself wearing this polish way too much. Opaque in 2 thicker coats.
I'm not sure what's the "Ixxx" part supposed to mean, so if anyone has an idea please comment below, because it's bugging me and I need to know :)



Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. The dark one you are looking for could be Punk, but that one was discontinued over a year ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I just googled it and it's that one. This one is probably discontinued as well, as they are only sold in a little bag, they can't be found on the regular nail polish stand.

      Delete
  2. oh my god the aura hip hop looks IDENTICAL to a swedish nail varnish i tried once!! This one: http://yolandaas.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/sweden-shopping-nail-varnish-depend.html

    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading this post. I read and appreciate every single comment you write.