Wednesday, September 4, 2013

born pretty store surprise bags pt. 2

Hey everyone!
My last post was about BornPrettyStore's new interesting concept called Surprise Bags. Basically, you pay $0.99 and you get three products that supposedly are worth $3 in total.
Last time I wasn't impressed at all, since I got two exact bags and I was kind of disappointed because the products that I got seemed kind of childish and I believe that I won't be using them, at least not on my own nails. I did do a small demo of some of the products and that post will be up in a day or two.

A couple of days ago, I got the rest of the surprise bags that I ordered and these turned out to be even more disappointing. All THREE bags contained the same products - an Angry Birds sticker sheet, a Hello Kitty sticker sheet and a random striping tape. I was at least lucky (though the packages are obviously not random, so I don't think my luck has a big role here) to get three different colors of striping tapes.


Just like last time, the stickers look pretty low quality and every image is sprinkled with this weird glitter.
Here's the good part of the packages, close-ups of the striping tapes.

A magenta shiny tape. I'm not sure, but I think I got the same last time.


A green semi-holgraphic tape.


A silver holographic. By far the only product that I really like from all six packages.


I said I'd write the "verdict" once I got all packages and here it is.
The concept is nice, but BornPrettyStore kind of failed with the execution. I'd love to see more random products and I was hoping that my second try was going to be luckier, only to prove me wrong.
All in all, I don't think that you get nice products, even if the price is just $0.99.
BPS has some awesome products that they can incorporate in these Surprise Bags, if they wanted to, but it seems like they wanted to get rid of all the random stickers no one wants to buy.

Thanks for reading! 

2 comments:

  1. It is disappointing indeed. At least they could throw some different random stickers...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading this post. I read and appreciate every single comment you write.