Monday, January 20, 2014

splattered aquarelle

Hey everyone!
A couple of days ago I got myself a box of watercolors because I wanted to paint inside some doodles that I have. I remembered that someone did their nails with watercolors, so I couldn't wait to try it out myself. I already did a watercolor effect using acrylic paint. 


I painted my nails with a white matte base. I think that it's better to use a matte base instead of shiny because the watercolor sticks better to it. I used a blue, green and yellow watercolor and made the background. It looked really nice as it was, but I wanted to make it more wearable by stamping a splattered design from the plate BM-416 using the same white polish that I used for the base.


It's crucial that you put a thick and long lasting top coat afterwards, otherwise the design will wash off really fast.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Thank you for reading this post. I read and appreciate every single comment you write.