Sunday, February 9, 2014

tropical gradient

Hey everyone!
Considering the fact that this winter has been the most disappointing winter ever, I decided to move on to the more spring/summer oriented manicures and I created a really fun and colorful tropical gradient.


From thumb to pinky I used the following colors as the base:
- OPI My Paprika Is Hotter Than Yours
- Gabrini Elegant Mirror Colors M13
- Essence Chilled Orange
- Golden Rose Milky Way
- Maybelline Urban Lemon


For the thumb I made a stamping decal. It was my first time making it and turned out pretty bad actually. I used the stamping plate BM-403 and painted the little triangles using the same colors that I listed above. After it dried nicely I applied it over the white base. I'll be making a tutorial for stamping decals soon if you're interested.

Since I used two colors that I haven't featured on my blog yet, I decided to just put them in the same post :)

OPI My Paprika Is Hotter Than Yours is a coral-y red crème. One of my favorite things about OPI polishes is that all of them have an insanely high shine even without top coat. Full opacity with only one coat and glides nicely on the nail when applied.



Golden Rose Milky Way is a plain white crème. It has a semi-wide brush that makes the application fairly easy, but formula-wise it's not the best nail polish ever. Opaque in 2 even coats.


Thanks for reading and see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading this post. I read and appreciate every single comment you write.