Saturday, July 26, 2014

essence fly firefly fly

Hey everyone!
I've written in the past how I love glow in the dark nail polishes and how awesome they look and when I saw that Essence made their own glowing top coat, I was more than excited to try it out.


After I bought this polish, I did a quick test on false nails, just to see whether it works on different polishes. Unfortunately, it glowed only when applied on top of white polish or just by itself. It was pretty disappointing, but I still decided to test it out on my own nails.


I decided to apply it on top of a white polish. As you can see here, it doesn't change the base color whatsoever. It doesn't give it a greenish tint. The next step was, of course, photographing this polish in the dark. I've already done it before, but this time was waaay harder, mainly because the glowing effect doesn't last too long.
I really wanted to capture in its full glow, therefore I couldn't waste time focusing in the dark.


After just less than a minute, the glowing effect fades away completely. You can see the bottle still glows a bit, but the nails don't. The effect can be quite patchy too. For instance, if you've applied the coat unevenly, you might get a different effect on the same nail.
I used a single coat for the swatch, maybe if I used two or more it would glow stronger. Nonetheless, I don't think that more coats would make it last longer. 


Just to change it up a bit, I stamped a tribal chevron on my ring finger using a black polish and Bundle Monster's BM-402.



Overall, I think Essence didn't do too much of a good job with this top coat. The effect fades away easily. Formula wise - you can notice that it's different than their other polishes. It's thinner when compared to CH Nail #2 and way easier to apply. It dries quite slowly and I used a fast drying top coat to speed up the process.

Thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading this post. I read and appreciate every single comment you write.