Tuesday, July 1, 2014

swatches: sinful colors

Hey everyone!
Long time, no see. I've been writing on and off for a couple of months now. I must say that I had the urges to quit and delete this blog, but after all the hard work that I've put into it, I decided not to. So, I'm going to continue running it, even if it means writing once every two months...

I'm going to post plenty of swatches, as my love for nail polishes didn't go away, I just couldn't find the time to write here anymore. I have plenty of new polishes to show you and I'm going to begin with a couple ones from Sinful Colors.

Sinful Colors Dream On is a neon fuchsia polish that dries matte. This is quite common with neon colors and it was totally expected. This goes on really nicely. I only needed 2 coats to get it opaque and I didn't even use a white base, because neons can be quite sheer at times. It dries super fast. The only problem I had with it is that it will chip pretty fast, even with base and top coat. Nonetheless, the color is absolutely amazing and perfect for summer.



The next polish that I'll show you is called Green Ocean. It's a glittery mix of iridescent tiny hexagonal glitters and flakies. They are suspended in a greenish base, but it applies clear, so it won't make any color changes. This goes best when layered on top of greens, blues and blacks, it really shows the beauty of the iridescent particles. I only have it as a swatch on my naked nails.



Let's Meet is a sunshine yellow polish with golden yellow shimmer. I was kind of disappointed about this polish. It's one of those polishes that look amazing in the bottle, but goes on terrible. The main problem is that it is very sheer. I used two coats for the swatch and the nail line was still visible. I didn't expect it to be that sheer. Maybe with some proper layering, you'll get a decent look.




Okay, so the last polish is by a brand called Wild n Crazy and it's called Super Dooper Blue. I don't know this brand, but I believe it's a sub-brand of Sinful Colors (please correct me if I'm wrong). It's an electric blue shimmery polish. Opaque in 2 coats. It's the "regular polish" version of Golden Rose Holiday 61 that I was looking for.



That's it for today's post. I hope you liked these polishes and, hopefully, I'll be writing again soon!
Thanks for reading!

Note: Please let me know if the photos appear grey-ish. Some of my older photos might appear grey because the browser doesn't accept the color profile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading this post. I read and appreciate every single comment you write.