Wednesday, October 29, 2014

haunted mansion

Hey everyone!
I have a special post for you today. I've said before how I'm not a big fan of themed manicures, but recently I was contacted by Julep and they offered to share a great Halloween tutorial for you guys, so if you're not decided what you're going to wear on your nails yet, keep on reading.

When it comes to Halloween, there are so many different kinds of manicures that you can do. I had a couple of different ideas, all inspired by one of my favorite TV shows - American Horror Story, but finally I settled for the Haunted Mansion one.


I actually did a short tutorial on how I created this manicure. Make sure to click on the picture for a bigger image!


First of all, I applied a greyish beige shade as a base color. I stamped a pattern that would look good as an old wallpaper using a dark berry shade. Make sure to stamp as sloppily as possible, because that'll just add to the old and worn look of the walls. In order to make it even more old and "dusty" add a few strokes using matte top coat, but don't coat the entire nail. The last step is to add random bloody trails, or you can even add bloody words like I did on the middle finger.

Used products:
• Catrice Greige! The New Beige (base)
• Catrice Vino Tinto (stamping)
• Golden Rose Matte Top Coat
• Seventeen Supreme 50 (blood)
• Spring 01 (stamping plate)

Catrice Greige! The New Beige is, like the name suggests, a greyish beige = greige creme. Opaque in 1-2 coats with a great formula and quick drying time. I've worn this polish so many times since I bought it. It's my absolute hit for this fall/winter season :)


I love it even more when it's mattified!



And lastly, here's the lovely tutorial that Julep decided to share with me and you. You can check out Julep's lovely range of nail polish colors!


Thanks for reading and have a happy and safe Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading this post. I read and appreciate every single comment you write.