Wednesday, January 14, 2015

review: aura absolute matte

Hey everyone!
Not too long ago, I found out about Aura's new Absolute Matte Lip Creams. I'm a sucker for true matte lip products and I must admit that I was a bit skeptical when I got them.  My biggest concern was them being very lip gloss-like and having a sticky texture, because that's the only reason why I hate using lip gloss.


The collection has a total of 13 shades and in my opinion, the colors are pretty similar and that's why I decided to get only two - 602 Ring a Bell and 611 Time For Selfie.

Ring a Bell is a vintage rose shade. I don't know why, but when I was buying it, it seemed more nude-ish, but I guess I was comparing it to the other pink shades in the collection which are way bolder than this one. It's a bit shear, meaning that you have to add another layer or two after the first one dries. It's not my favorite because sank into all of my lip lines and made them more prominent. Nonetheless, it's a very cute spring/summer shade.


Time for Selfie is a muted raspberry shade. This was the first lip cream that I got and it impressed me a lot. It's really opaque, but that causes a bit of staining. That means that application can be a bit hard, because if you mess up, you only have a few moments until the product dries and stains your skin. I feel that this one has a better formula than Ring a Bell, so that might mean that the other shades in the collection are different, too.


They have a normal-sized wand, which is a bit slanted. It can hold enough product for the whole lips.


Quick swatch on my arm.


Overall, the both of the lip creams dried matte, just like the packaging suggests. They dry really quickly, so you don't have a lot of time to really perfect the lines, but with a bit of practice you'll get the hang of it. I've only tested Time for Selfie to see how long it will stay and it lasted more than 6 hours. They don't transfer on glasses, but eating will make it last less, naturally. After a while, they do dry out a bit, but I don't find it too annoying, though if you are used to having moisturized lips all the time, this will probably be a problem for you.

Pros:
• Dries matte.
• Longlasting (+6 hours).
• Quick drying time.
• Average price (290 MKD/ $5.8 / 4.7€).

Cons:
• Unconsistent formula between shades.
• Dries up after some time - may be uncomfortable for some.
• I wrote it in the pros, but it belongs here, too. The drying time may be too fast if you are not used to applying lip products fast.
• Might stain your lips and/or surrounding skin.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading this post. I read and appreciate every single comment you write.