Saturday, August 5, 2017

why I stopped updating my blog?

Hey everyone! I hope you are all doing great. 

I’ve been meaning to write a post about why I decided to stop updating and creating for my blog. It’s been around a year and a half now since I stopped posting and I couldn’t really bring myself to say goodbye to something that I created nearly six years ago, considering how much time and money I had invested in it, and not only that – I invested myself in it. It was something that I enjoyed doing with all my heart. Each and every day I would think about new ways to improve, I would constantly get new things to showcase and review and I loved doing all of that.

As my blog got better, it gained more page views, more audience and with all that – more content stealers and copycats. I began seeing many of my nail designs copied by other bloggers, some even straight up stole my photos with cropped out watermark. It was disheartening. All the time and effort that I put in creating a design (and believe me when I say it’s not something you slap on in a few minutes) going down the drain. And the funny thing was, these “bloggers” made money out of it. Out of my content…

I found my photos on other blogs – Blogger did nothing in response to my reports. Most of them were on Pinterest – Pinterest did nothing in response to my reports. Companies that sold the nail polishes I swatched would take my photos without permission and used them to sell nail polishes and make money on their online stores. So, I started getting disappointed and thinking to myself “Why even bother?” when someone is going to steal it over and over again. So I started posting less and less, until I stopped for good.

Truth be told, I have a full time job now and I don’t think that I’ll ever be able to post as I used to even if I wanted to start all over again. I feel like with everything that happened I even got  So in a way, I came to say goodbye. Will I ever post again? Maybe. Maybe not… There’s one thing that I will always appreciate and that’s the support and lovely comments I always got from my followers.


Thank you for reading my blog throughout the years!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading this post. I read and appreciate every single comment you write.